RI Jobs with justice
RI Jobs With Justice is a local coalition, part of a national network, that brings together community organizations, labor unions, faith groups, and student activists to fight for economic, social and racial justice. We work on a variety of issues, including workers’ rights, immigrants’ rights, access to health-care, equity in education and economic development. We envision a world where all people have access to safe, living wage jobs, and where communities are thriving.
Organizing, Mobilization, and Data Collection Intern
- Position overview: The mobilization and data collection intern will assist us in mobilizing our members to events educating the public about abuses of workers’ rights and the need for economic and social justice. She/he will gain significant exposure to community organizing as a strategy for achieving social change, and should be enthusiastic about social justice.
- Main duties: Mobilizing our membership to a variety of events supporting social and economic justice by phone-banking, and helping update our social media
- Secondary duties: Attending events in order to sign in attendees, and entering collected data into our database.
- Approximate # of Hours/Week: 5-10 hours
- Required days/times of the week (if any): Flexible
- Semesters this position is available for: Summer 2015; Entire Academic Year (September 2015-May 2016)