MY BROTHER'S KEEPER
My Brother's Keeper is a Christian ministry and furniture bank with locations in Dartmouth and Easton, MA whose mission is "to bring the Love and Hope of Jesus Christ to those we serve" through our actions and example of service. Important to note--there are no prerequisites to receive assistance from My Brother's Keeper. Anyone residing in the geographic area we serve is eligible to receive our help without regard to religion, race, class, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, or disability, if any.
Furniture Assistance Program Support
- Position overview: This position is an active, "hand-on" position primarily helping our staff perform deliveries and pick-ups of furniture. The work-study student will have a unique opportunity to encounter our society's poor and marginalized in a unique setting--in the actual homes of those we serve.
- Main duties:
- Help My Brother's Keeper accomplish its mission by treating all recipients, volunteers, and donors with kindness, dignity, and respect
- Physically perform deliveries and pick-ups of furniture
- Professionally represent My Brother's Keeper to the public
- Help maintain general organization, condition, and cleanliness of the furniture, facility, grounds, and vehicles
- Help prepare simple lunches for self and part-time volunteers along with staff as needed (all food provided by My Brother's Keeper; on-site lunch is counted as part of the standard work day)
- Approximate # of Hours/Week: TBD
- Required days/times of the week (if any): Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm; must have at least one morning per week available
- Semesters this position is available for: Summer 2015; Academic Year 2015-2016